Robert Temple was born in 1590 in Princes Risborough, Buckinghamshire, England to parents William Temple and Ellen White.
William Temple married Ellen White on 27 January 1585 at Great Hampden, Buckinghamshire, England and they had the following twelve children – Ralph b 1586, Robert 1590-1672, Bennet b 1595, Henry b 1597, William b 1599, Ellyne b 1600, Thomas b 1602, Mathew 1604-1604, Jane b 1605, Mary b 1607, Marie b 1608 and Richard b 1612. (Buckinghamshire Baptism Index).
Princes Risborough is a small town in Buckinghamshire, England, about 9 miles south of Aylesbury and 8 miles north west of High Wycombe. Bledlow lies to the west and Monks Risborough to the east.
Robert was married at the age of 25 to Ann Kingham on 10 May 1615 at Princes Risborough.
The Bishops Transcript states they were both residing in Revenstone.
Ann Kingham was born in 1594 Great Hampden, Buckinghamshire, three miles south east of Princes Risborough. Her father was named as Thomas Kingham.
Robert and Ann had eleven children, all baptised at Princes Risborough with possibly a couple of sets of twins –
- John b 1615
- Ellinor b 1616 marr William Quarrendon in 1640
- Mary b 1616 d 1616 Princes Risborough
- Alse b 1618 Princes Risborough
- Martha b 1622 & d 1622 Princes Risborough
- Mary b 1622 & d 1622 Princes Risborough
- William b 1628 Princes Risborough
- Robert b 1631 Princes Risborough
- Elizabeth b 1634 Princes Risborough d 1703 Wickham, marr John Rance, 6 children
- Thomas b 1636 Princes Risborough
- Martha b 1639 Princes Risborough
Robert Temple died in 1672 and was buried on either 4 March 1672 at St Marys, Princes Risborough. There are two Robert Temples buried that year, but the other Robert Temple buried in October 1672 was listed as the ‘son of William Temple’ so may be a child. (Buckinghamshire Burial Index).
I haven’t been able to find the burial for his wife Anne, but it must have been some time after the birth of their last child in 1639.