John Croxford was born in 1711 in Aston Rowant, Oxfordshire, England, the son of John Croxford (1677-1736) and Dorothy Weller (1679-1735).
John was baptised on 7 July 1711 at St Peter and St Paul in Aston Rowant.
He was one of 11 children born to the couple.
At the age of 23 years John married Ann King on 3 November 1734 at Aston Rowant.
Ann King was born in 1709 and baptised on 29 March 1709 at Lewknor, Oxfordshire the daughter of Charles King (b 1681) and Rachel Croxford (1680-1713).
Rachel was the daughter of Robert Croxford (1642-1724) and Mabel Filbee (1646-1687).
John and Ann had five children –
- John b 1735 & d 1816 Aston Rowant, marr Sarah Churnick, 3 children
- Mary b 1737 & d 1808 Aston Rowant, marr John Britnell, 8 children
- William b 1740 & d 1740 Aston Rowant
- Sarah b 1743 & d 1801 Aston Rowant marr Thomas Jones in 1789
- Elizabeth b 1746 Aston Rowant
- Ann b 1751 Aston Rowant (unverified – this baptism may be for Ann Crawford)
Ann Croxford died in February 1790 in Aston Rowant at the age of 82 years. She was buried at St Peter and St Paul, Aston Rowant on 28 February 1790.
John died in August 1792 in Aston Rowant at the age of 81 and was buried in Aston Rowant on 31 August 1792.