Peter Wyatt senior, was born around 1695 in Charlbury, Oxfordshire, England.
Charlbury is a small village in the Evenlode valley, about 6 miles (10 km) north of Witney in West Oxfordshire.
It is on the edge of Wychwood Forest and the Cotswolds. The population was 1478 in 1881.
In July 1758 a Mr Henry Barnes of Charlbury, a ‘kinsman’ of Peter Wyatt, wrote a will, which was proved on 30 June 1760 in which he mentions several of the Wyatt family including their relationships which helped me construct the Wyatt families of Charlbury and Bampton. The will can be found online here at the Oxfordshire Family History Society Transcribed Will Index. It mentioned –
- Peter Wyatt (junior), gardener of Bampton, bro. of Francis, kinsman of Henry Barnes
- Francis Wyatt, brother of Peter
- Henry Wyatt, kinsman of Henry Barnes
- Henry Wyatt, son of Henry
- William Wyatt, son of Henry
- Sarah Wyatt, daughter of Henry
- Mary Wyatt, daughter of Henry
So Peter Wyatt senior and his unnamed wife had the following children –
- Peter b 1716 Charlbury, d 1767 North Leigh, marr Sarah Cook, 6 children
- Mary b 1718 Charlbury, d marr Thomas Flexon
- Francis b 1720 Charlbury, d 1781, marr Hannah Elkenton, 9 children
- Henry b 1722 Charlbury, d Charlbury, marr Alice Bicester, 6 children
- John b 1726 Charlbury
It is unknown where Peter Wyatt senior and his wife died, but probably in the Charlbury area.