John Mackerell was born in 1643 in Norwich, Norfolk, England to parents John Mackerell (1618-1659) and Abigaile Anton (1620-1695).
At the age of 26 years John married Anne Browne on 24 August 1669 at the church of St John, Lakenham in Norwich, a mile south of the city centre of Norwich.
Anne Browne was born 31 December 1746 in Lakenham, to parents Elias Brown (1605-1660) and Ann Vout (1619-1710).
Elias was a clockmaker and goldsmith working in Norwich from 1633 to 1660. He also served as Sheriff of Norwich.
Elias’s daughter Ann Browne was baptised on 6 January 1647 at St Peters Mancroft in Norwich.
John and Anne had eleven children, and all were baptised at St Peter Mancroft, Norwich –
- Ann b 1670 d 1681 Norwich
- Elizabeth b 1671 d 1719 Norwich married Rev Peter Finch, 8 children.
- Mary b 1672 Norwich
- John b 1673 Norwich
- Peter b 1675 d 1697 Norwich
- Charles b 1677 d 1728 Norwich married Mary Demee, 9 children. Will 1728.
- Benjamin b 1679 d 1679 Norwich
- Sarah b 1681 marr Thomas Bayly, 3 children.
- Anne b 1682 married William Slater, 3 children.
- Benjamin b 1685 d 1738
- Elias b d 1686
A plaque in the church of St Peter Mancroft in Norwich records the burial of Benjamin 1679 and Anne 1681, children of John Mackerell and his wife Anne. British History Online.